It seems like we were just announcing the Call for Abstracts had opened for the Australian and New Zealand Addiction Conference and now we are just a week away (20-22 May).
We just wanted to remind you to get your last minute bookings in for the Conference – there is also limited availability to the workshops being held on Wednesday 20 May.
The Conference consists of leading medical, service providers and researchers presenting the topics ranging from current and emerging issues in the sector to best practice and latest research.
Stream topics include:
– Policy and Research
– Screening and Early Intervention
– Special Populations
– Behavioural Addictions
– Addiction Professional Support/Training
– Mental Health & Addiction
– Treatment and Recovery
– Open Topics
The six workshops include (places are limited):
– Healthy Recovery: An opportunity to address smoking, diet and physical activity as part of alcohol and other substance abuse treatment (fully
– Reframing Addiction: The impact of chronicity and ageing for models of care
– Benzodiazepines: The Rocky Road to Recovery!
– Body Blame: Treating Emotional Eating with EMDR Therapy
– Working with clients that use methaphetamine (fully booked)
– Inspirational Goal Setting Session for those with Alcohol and Drug Issues
To read the Book of Abstracts for the Conference, please click here.
To secure your registration to the Australian and New Zealand Addiction Conference or one of the workshops, please visit the conference website www.addictionaustralia.org.au.
If you have any questions during the registration process, please do not hesitate to contact the Conference Secretariat on (61 7) 5502 2068.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Gold Coast next week for the Australian and New Zealand Addiction Conference.