Various types of addictions will be discussed – drugs, alcohol, pornography, gambling, sex, gaming, online, hoarding, compulsive shopping, steroids – as well as the various forms of treatment and paths to recovery. Of specific focus will be emerging trends; early intervention; best practice programs; case studies; legislation and legal impact; care and support; psychological well-being and dependency; as well as innovative solutions, in particular within rural and regional communities.
- Associate Professor Petra Staiger – School of Psychology, Deakin University
- Professor Olaf Drummer – Deputy Director Academic Programs, Victorian Institute of Forensic Medicine
- Professor Michael Farrell – Director, National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre
- Dr Andrew Campbell – Senior Lecturer in Psychology, Faculty of Health Sciences, The University of Sydney
- Professor Murat Yucel, Head of Addiction Program of Research, Monash Institute of Cognitive and Clinical Neurosciences (MICCN), Monash University