The 2017 Australian and New Zealand Addiction Conference is approaching again and will this year be held at the Mantra on View Hotel, Gold Coast over the 15-17 May.
Covering topics surrounding prevention, treatment and recovery the 2017 conference will include presentations from leaders within the sector, researchers, psychologists and medical practitioners within Australia and New Zealand.
Authors or organisations interested in presenting at the conference are invited to submit an abstract outlining the aims, contents and conclusions of their paper or presentation; or about their intended role in a workshop.
APPLICATIONS TO PRESENT CLOSE TUESDAY 14 FEBRUARY 2017 – SUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACT HERE!
Various types of addictions will be discussed – drugs, alcohol, pornography, gambling, sex, gaming, online, hoarding, compulsive shopping, steroids – as well as the various forms of treatment and paths to recovery. Of specific focus will be emerging trends; early intervention; best practice programs; case studies; legislation and legal impact; care and support; psychological well-being and dependency; as well as innovative solutions, in particular within rural and regional communities.
- Associate Professor Petra Staiger – School of Psychology, Deakin University
- Professor Olaf Drummer – Deputy Director Academic Programs, Victorian Institute of Forensic Medicine
- Professor Michael Farrell – Director, National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre
- Dr Andrew Campbell – Senior Lecturer in Psychology, Faculty of Health Sciences, The University of Sydney
- Professor Murat Yucel, Head of Addiction Program of Research, Monash Institute of Cognitive and Clinical Neurosciences (MICCN), Monash University
Click here to register for the 2017 Australian and New Zealand Addiction Conference and take advantage of early bird rates currently on offer!