Addiction 2015: Australian and New Zealand Addiction Conference, Gold Coast
Addictions do not discriminate across genders, age or culture. Addiction represents one of the areas of healthcare and medicine that is least understood, yet generates an enormous burden on society, the healthcare profession, families, carers and individual sufferers.
The Australian and New Zealand Addiction 2015 Conference will address the treatment and recovery of alcohol, other drug and behavioural addictions. This National conference will feature case studies from around Australia, practical clinical experience in Addiction treatment and insights into co-occurring substance abuse and mental health.
The focus of the Addiction 2015 conference will be on different types of addiction, assessment, prevention, treatment and recovery. The Conference is for Addiction treatment professionals, mental health, social workers, Drug an Alcohol Workers, health-care clinicians and researchers and academics.
Addiction 2015 will be hosted by the Australian and New Zealand Mental Health Association (ANZMH).
Addiction 2015 will include Keynote speakers and streams on:
- Policy and Research: risk factors, causes, consequences, prevention
- Addiction – Alcohol, Other Drugs and Behavioural
- Recovery/ Treatment
- Addiction Policy and Advocacy
- Overseas practices in Addiction treatment
- Latest issues in Addiction treatment
- Research in Drug and Alcohol Addiction
- Causes and Risk Factors for Addiction including mental health, societal and family
- Consequences of Addiction for health, mental health, family and society
- Education and Prevention of Addiction in schools and the broader community
- Addiction Treatment including Detox, Outpatient, inpatient/live-in rehabilitation and addiction medicine
- Long Term Recovery for sober living and well-being
Who should attend?
- Addiction treatment counsellors, social workers, therapists, physicians, nurses and interventionists
- Managers and leaders of addiction treatment centres
- Behavioural healthcare organizations, NFP
- Community mental health centres and Mental Health specialist
- Private Recovery coaches, Rehabs Advisor
- Health Education, prevention, social workers, youth workers
- Drug and Alcohol, Counsellors, Psychologists and Psychotherapists
- Drug and Alcohol researchers and policy advocates
ADDICTION 2015 – The Australian and New Zealand Addiction Conference
Alcohol | Other Drugs | Behavioural Addictions
Outrigger Surfers Paradise, 5th – 6th March 2015
An initiative of the Australian & New Zealand Mental Health Association
Email: email@example.com URL: www.addictionaustralia.org.au