2017 Australian and New Zealand Addiction Conference
Prevention – Treatment – Recovery
The 4th Australian and New Zealand Addiction Conference is being held at the Mantra on View Hotel, Gold Coast 15 – 17 May 2017.
Covering topics surrounding prevention, treatment and recovery the 2017 conference will include presentations from leading sector specialists, researchers, psychologists and medical practitioners in addition to multiple concurrent streams, poster presentations and workshops.
Various types of addictions will be discussed – drugs, alcohol, pornography, gambling, sex, gaming, online, hoarding, compulsive shopping, steroids – as well as the various forms of treatment and paths to recovery. Of specific focus will be emerging trends; early intervention; best practice programmes; case studies; legislation and legal impact; care and support; psychological wellbeing and dependency; as well as innovative solutions, in particular within rural and regional communities.
Hosted by the Australian and New Zealand Mental Health Association, the Conference Advisory Committee would like to thank the 2016 Keynote Speakers:
- Professor Jan Copeland | Director, National Cannabis Prevention and Information Centre
- Associate Professor Nicole Lee | National Drug Research Institute, Curtin University
- Dr Sally McCarthy | Medical Director, Emergency Care Institute
- Professor Richard Murray | Dean of Medicine and Head of School, College of Medicine and Dentistry, James Cook University
- Garth Popple | Executive Director, We Help Ourselves
- Dr Michael Savic | Research Fellow, Turning Point
BOOK NOW AND SAVE
Early Bird Registration open shortly: $200 off the full registration price.
The 2017 Program includes:
- Keynote Presentations
- Up to 50 speakers over multiple concurrent streams
- Poster presentations
- Half day workshops
- Exhibitor and sponsor displays
- Meals for the duration of the conference
- Welcome Reception
- Access to the Presenter Podcasts post conference
- An online copy of the Book of Proceedings
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
2017 CONFERENCE ADVISORY COMMITTEE
- Dr Matthew Berry, DPsych MAPS, Matthew Berry Consulting (Advisory Committee Chair)
- Gerard Byrne, Clinical Director, The Salvation Army Recovery Services
- Dr Robin-Marie Shepherd, University of Auckland School of Population Health, Academic Director of Communities & Addictions
- Steve Stokes, Program Director, South Pacific Private
- Kim Wood, Senior Practitioner, Dual Diagnosis and Complex Needs, Lives Lived Well